Something Fishy

Something Fishy
t Doesn't Get Much Better

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bottle brush tree a little late blooming this year, but now coming on strong

Bottle brush tree blooms are beautiful and look much like and old-fashion bottle brush.


My Florida bottle brush tree is blooming. It had a few blooms earlier, but now is coming on strong.
The bottle brush actually is a callistemon. It is a tropical tree or shrub and gets its name from the flowers which are a beautiful red and look like a cylindrical brush similar to the type in the good old days we used to clean a milk or other bottle. (I doubt anyone cleans a bottle these days.)
There are several varieties of the bottle brush, including several of a weeping nature.
I have one outside my window at my little Florida place at Lake Rosalie.
Even when not blooming, the birds really seem to enjoy the evergreen nature throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment